The Amazon of Europe Bike Trail Destination Management Organization (DMO) is a network of engaged organisations that have joined forces to ensure long-term functioning of the Amazon of Europe Bike Trail as an international tourism product. The main goal of the DMO is to create an economic and environmental framework for sustainable success of the AoE Bike Trail.
The responsibilities of the AoE BT DMO include:
- development and management of the AoE Bike Trail tourism product,
- marketing of the AoE Bike Trail,
- quality management of the AoE Bike Trail,
- implementation of the Cycle for nature programme.
Vision: The Amazon of Europe Bike Trail is the most well-known long-distance bookable cycle trail in Europe, offering responsible travel to discover unique river landscapes along the Mura, Drava and Danube.
Mission: Our mission, based on the unique 5-country UNESCO Biosphere Reserve Mura-Drava-Danube, is to open with the Amazon of Europe Bike Trail new perspectives for sustainable development in the river landscape of the area, by connecting responsible tourism with the preservation of nature:
- combining lifetime cycling experiences with well-defined contributions for nature conservation within the Cycle for Nature programme
- pioneering environmental, economic, and social sustainable development
- involving and empowering local communities to cherish and commit to the preservation of their environment and to be their partner in creating a sustainable tourism business model
- championing the unique river landscape of the 5-country UNESCO Biosphere Reserve Mura-Drava-Danube and contributing, in the long-term, to its protection.
Meet the members of the AoE Bike Trail DMO: