We kindly invite you to a conference and networking event to discover the Amazon of Europe Bike Trail as a model of tourism development that goes hand in hand with nature within the first world UNECO 5-country Biosphere Reserve Mura-Drava-Danube (TBR MDD). It wil be held on the 6th October 2021 in Moravske Toplice, Slovenia.
Amazon of Europe Bike Trail is a brand new international long-distance cycling trail offering you a unique opportunity for cycling holidays, following the natural meanders of the rivers Mura, Drava and Danube, for over 1.250 km. It connects untouched riverine landscapes along Mura, Drava and Danube rivers, the area known as Amazon of Europe, spanning across almost 1 million hectares, covering border areas of Austria, Slovenia, Hungary, Croatia and Serbia.
Numerous stakeholders from the whole 5-country area, have in the last 5 years:
- developed a joint international brand and cycling product Amazon of Europe Bike Trail,
- signposted over 1.250 km of cycling routes from Mureck (AT) to Mohács (HU) with two cycling routes: South Route and North Route,
- started developing a joint responsible green destination Amazon of Europe.
Thus, at the event we would like to:
- present the achievements of the Amazon of Europe Bike Trail project,
- develop project concepts with all stakeholders, identifying the opportunities to further strengthen the Amazon of Europe destination and tourism development to support sustainable tourism in the UNESCO 5-country BR MDD, and in the cross-border areas along Mura, Drava and Danube,
- enable networking of professional stakeholders across Europe and within the Amazon of Europe and discuss cooperation opportunities,
- invite you to a cycling vacation along Mura, Drava and Danube 🚴♂️
Event venue: Terme 3000, Hotel Livada Prestige, Kranjčeva ulica 12, 9226 Moravske Toplice, Slovenia
The event will be organised in hybrid form, and available also via the on-line coverage.
Please register at this link: https://my.forms.app/form/61431ed99b68114c9eed124c
Important notice: please note that in Slovenia, the vaccinated-tested-recovered rule (PCT) must be met by all users of all services or activities. More info available at Slovenian Tourism Board.